The Admission Process will determine the applicant’s appropriateness for placement at the Banyan School. We strive to provide the best education possible for our students and are selective in order to ensure success. Banyan School does not offer admission to those students with primary emotional and/or behavior issues.
- Parents or school district child study team members who contact Banyan School will speak with a member of the administrative team to discuss a student’s possible eligibility.
- Applicants must submit records to Banyan School for review by the Admissions Committee. Records must include a current IEP, educational and psychological testing, and achievement battery. The Admissions Committee consists of an LDTC, psychologist, and administrator.
- If the review of the records is positive, the parent, student and/or child study team member will be invited for an intake appointment. This appointment will include a tour of the school, an interview, and a question and answer session.
- If the Admission Committee feels that Banyan School is an appropriate placement for the student, the student is invited to visit for 2 to 5 days.
- Classroom teachers and other staff members evaluate the student’s visit based on classroom participation and behavior. A successful visit will result in admission to the program. An acceptance letter will be issued to all successful candidates.
- Banyan School does offer rolling admission throughout the year based on availability.