- WRS Introductory Course
- WRS Level I Certification
- WRS Advanced Strategies for MSL Group Instruction
Course registration is now available for:
WRS Introductory Course
Tuesday, August 21 – Thursday, August 23, 2018
The WRS Introductory Course (formerly Wilson Introductory Workshop) provides an overview of the WRS 4th Edition curriculum and serves as the prerequisite for WRS Level I Certification. This course presents teachers with the knowledge and skills necessary to address the five principles of literacy instruction that align with the Common Core Learning Standards (Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Vocabulary, Fluency, and Comprehension). While attending this course, you will learn WRS research-based, multisensory strategies to maximize the learning of students with reading difficulties.
- Reading research
- Principles of language structure
- How the WRS addresses the five areas of reading
- Definition of dyslexia and common characteristics
- WRS principles of instruction
- Program implementation
- Student placement, progress monitoring, and scheduling
- Creating a successful classroom environment
- Participants prepare a 10-part lesson plan and practice lesson procedures
This course serves as a prerequisite to participate in WRS Level I Certification. WRS Level I Certification course registration must take place within five years of completion of this course. Please contact Jennifer to learn more about enrolling in WRS Level I Certification.
For more information, please contact:
Jennifer Kempton, M.Ed., W.C.T., W.D.T.
Wilson® Credentialed Trainer
Wilson® Dyslexia Therapist
(973) 439-1919 Ext. 209